PULSED ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD THERAPY
How it all works
Each session is individualised to the needs of the client being treated. The length of each session and frequency will be determined according to their current health issues or health plan. Not everyone is accepted for treatment – this will depend on whether they have any of the contra-indications listed below.
THE FIRST VISIT
The first time someone comes along for a PEMF session, we spend an hour understanding their needs and health history. This will determine how their individual PEMF sessions will be planned to help achieve the best possible outcome.
The information gathering part of this session may last 30mins or so. The remaining time will be given to using the PEMF machine.
ALL OTHER VISITS
After the first consultation has taken place, a focused plan will be worked out. This will mean that the future sessions will be adapted to the client, their health, other treatments being received, age and what the primary focus of the PEMF treatment will be aimed at.
The sessions will last between 20-30mins in total – the length being determined by the intensity of the PEMF’s used.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- First consultation: 1 hour £85
Then all subsequent visits are:
- Single sessions: £50 per session
- 1-6 sessions: £45 per session (these are paid as a block in advance)
- 7 -12 sessions: £40 per session (these are paid as a block in advance)
- Pregnancy – PEMFs have not been proven safe for pregnant women, even though pregnant women often work around MRI machines in hospitals, and in some circumstances get MRIs themselves.
- Absolute contraindications are implanted electrical devices including pacemakers, cochlear implants, intrathecal pumps, etc, because the magnetic field can shut the device off.
- If you have a stent
- People with organ transplants and are on immunosuppression drugs.
- High intensity PEMFs should not be used over breast implants, given the risk of agitating the plastic or silicone in the implants themselves – as it may cause thinning and risk leakage.
This clinic is based near Worcester, West Midlands.